Thursday, September 18, 2008

The ordinary, yet no less miraculous.

This has been a hard week. I feel like I am barely skating by in all aspects of my life, and I hate feeling like I am not doing my best. I can't keep my house clean. My lectures at school are nowhere near as thorough as they were last year. My grading turn-around is not as quick. (I did double my hours this year, but I can't convince myself that that is an excuse.) I feel like I'm on edge all the time, and this weekend, William's computer crashed, with all my lesson plans, handouts, worksheets, etc. from last year on it. We had to replace it, and we just had to get our AC fixed for a large amount of money, compared to our educator salary.  Me ---> thin thread, I'm telling you. 

Yesterday we got home from work and opened the door and my first thought was "What happened to all my stuff? Did someone rob... oh, it's just CLEAN!" 
My wonderful, amazing, superb gem of a sister in law had come over while I was at work and cleaned my house. Full-on scrubbed the bathroom, folded laundry, organized the clutter. I have space on my kitchen table. I don't have guilt about the grime in the sink. I feel like Christian in Pilgrim's Progress when his burden is cut of. 

My parent partner today told me, out of nowhere, that she was a certified teacher and if I ever got overloaded and wanted to send papers home to her, she would grade them for me and send them back. 

Today we got home from work and got the mail. I opened one envelope from some company I didn't recognize, and it was a check. I showed it to William and he realized it was from the AC company.  For whatever reason, they sent us some of that money back. 

All of these things have "ordinary", logical explanations. Yet to me, they are miracles. Each area of my life that I feel is beyond my control, God has shown me, really is beyond my control. God is bigger than my stress. God is bigger than my stubborn self-reliance. God has shown me systematically in just 24 hours that He will provide. 

"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his lifespan?... Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:27, 34

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17

No comments: