Friday, May 22, 2009

oh baby

I just read that since I'm 37 weeks my baby could come any day now. Last week someone told me that stress can bring on labor, just in time for me to collect and try to grade 94 research papers. William is praying that at my doctor's appointment today we will find that I'm dilated; my boss is praying that I won't go until June 2, 2:00 when our last teacher workday is done. As long as the research papers are graded I'm up for anything. Everybody has an opinion on when I'm gonna pop. Sometimes it's like being in a fishbowl but it's been fun. My only other goal before Edward makes his debut is to blog about the overwhelming love and support we have had, even from people we don't know.

In all the baby talk I've found myself discussing things I never thought I would with others, though sometimes I remind myself to draw a line. Case in point: last week I had my check up in the morning and went back to work in the afternoon. Everyone who saw me asked how it went. My question in my head in response was always, "well that depends how much you really want to know about my cervix." So there we go. I have another doctor appointment this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: