Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cookin'

I'm planning on giving a cooking class this summer, (even if it is just you and me, Shelly!) and I am having trouble narrowing down what to do. A few of you out there have asked me before if I've ever thought about giving classes... and now I am. So what would you want to learn (even if you don't come to my class?)
My current plan is to offer single sessions one day a week, so anyone can come to any of them and learn a self-contained lesson on cooking methodology, like one day will be The Art of Eyeballing, one would be focused on learning how to anticipate how spices go together so you can make just about any culture's flavor profile, with application on some proteins, I could do a vegetarian-only day, etc.
Participants would need to bring a cutting board and chef's knife. I would provide everything else.

No comments: