Friday, November 7, 2008

Vent.

It's been almost a whole month since I last blogged... and now I'm reappearing, but not to say anything terribly important. Just needed to get off some steam.

Here is how my day started: I woke up and began the search for my E-Zone shirt. William kindly emptied the clean-laundry pile AND dirty-laundry pile in the laundry room, but couldn't find it. It wasn't in my drawers, not in the clean laundry basket that's been sitting in my room for a couple weeks now while I ignore it, it's not anywhere. I decided to look on the floor by the bookshelf on which I keep my shoes. I looked down and see my Puma bag, one of my cute pairs of shoes, and my favorite sweater covered in some kind of brown substance. A little afraid of the answer, I summoned William and asked for confirmation of what it was. My dog, Sirius, sweet pet that he is, had gone DIARRHEA all over it. It was dried, which I guess is good... it didn't smell, which I guess is why we didn't notice it before... My gallant husband threw away my shoes for me, cleaned my bag, and put my sweater (which just had a few splatters on it... the bag and shoes got most of it) in the wash. Now I know my poor dog couldn't help it; he must have had to go while we were at work, but did he have to do it on my PUMA BAG? 
Then, most of this morning at school I couldn't talk. My voice came back for the classes I had my students doing a worksheet in. After arriving home, I fiddled around checking my email and whatnot, then decided to take a nap. I'm exhausted, and we have a family dinner tonight that it would be nice if I was semi-coherent for. So, I went to lie down, and no sooner do I curl up under the covers than the ICE CREAM TRUCK comes down my street, blasting stupid "Do Your Ears Hang Low" for several minutes. The truck went away, and I started to relax, thinking I could get at least a few minutes of shut-eye... and lo and behold, some kid decided to walk around outside blowing a flippin' boatswain whistle or something. It sounded like the ones in Sound of Music. Apparently I am destined to be tired, irritable, and annoyed. Either that or there is some divine lesson I am supposed to be learning but I AM TOO TIRED TO COMPREHEND IT! 
I wanted to blog today on something I've been mulling over, that's actually quite serious, about how Christians have given up their most vital weapons in the spiritual war we are in, but that will have to wait until my brain comes back. That could be awhile. 

1 comment:

? said...

Hi...this is simply an introductory comment. I think we share an interest and I would like to exchange links in order to return here?